Monday, October 4, 2010

Freedom

When something changes, it is usually a slow process... much like aging. You don't really notice things changing, while its happening, but you look back, and everything is different. It always blows me away. Being drug through the mud and mire seems too much to bare at the time. But then I realize, it really wasn't as bad as I made it out to be. And I gained so much from the experience. But I digress...

Sometimes you don't even realize that that little green monster called jealousy, envy, or bitterness is there. He hides well. But he does rear his ugly head from time to time, and threaten our relationships and health. Even though he hides well, he affects ones life dramatically. Its so hard to have growing, productive relationships when he is present.
 He is also a stubborn one.

Bitterness is a hard one to get rid of. I wish I could wave a wand and rid the world of bitterness. But I can't. It is present in more lives than we might care to admit. I know it was in mine. And I would like to say, I am glad that he is gone. Although we're all susceptible, we don't all want to admit it. Its not something that we can get rid of with will power. Bummer, I know.  But it is something that CAN be healed. By none other than the Master Healer. Again, its a p-r-o-c-e-s-s. But we were meant to live in freedom in Christ. Only through Him can we be saved. We have to let Him change us. God does not force himself upon people. He wants to heal. Let Him heal.
Live in FREEDOM!

No comments: