Friday, February 17, 2012

Current affairs.

I have had so much on my mind over the past couple of weeks, I'm sure you could fill a library with them. But so much of the time I haven't known how to put them into words. Writing is easier than speaking right now, because the thoughts flow better; but its still a stretch.

Adjusting to life at home has been interesting to say the least. Its insanity to come from this life of having a schedule and being busy always to having little to no schedule and loads of free time. I need this down time, but it is such a drastic change from what I've grown accustomed to, I think the first couple of days I was still in shock. So often its like I'm walking around in a fog, not sure if this is 'real life' or not.

 I wouldn't trade the experience I've had for anything in the world. It changed me in ways I didn't even realize until I got home. I shared things that I wasn't able to share before. I made better friends in five months than I ever would have expected. I learned about our Father and His immense love for us. I heard Him speak, to ME! I cried. A lot. But they were healing tears. They were tears that I needed to cry.

I can look back, five months later and see the work that God did in my life, and the lives of those I have come to call 'family.' He is a good God, and He did some awesome work. He never gave up on us, He continued molding us, and shaping us. Even when I didn't like it, and when I was uncomfortable and asked God to take me out of the hard situations, He continued to work.

Something I know is true, and that I can say with every fiber of my being now: God is faithful. He is patient and His love exceeds bounds. He is a GOOD God.

Even now as I am processing, and trying to figure out what comes next, He is guiding me. He is giving me peace and contentment and showing me how deeply He desires fellowship with His children. It never ceases to amaze me.

I love my God.

And I leave you with another small glimpse into my life over the past five months:

 Halloween Festival. I was a 90's kid. Bam.

 This base is beautiful always. I love it.

 Me and my Malaysian friend.
 YWAM. Also known as: Home

 Commissioning night: showing the changes that God brought about in our lives.

 First team breakfast in Malaysia.

 In Malaysia with Salem Korean DTS!

No comments: