Friday, February 24, 2012

Funkified

 Do you like the name of my post? I thought it was appropriate :)

I'm at this really funky place in life right now. It is bittersweet; easy and hard. I am at a crossroads of sorts. It really makes no sense to me, all of the thoughts flowing through my brain at any given time... but they're thoughts that need to be thought about.

I have some big decisions to make. Some things that I am uncertain about. And every now and again I get a bit stressed when I am thinking about it all, but mostly, I have peace. I really do. It is complete madness to me to have peace in the midst of all of this, but I do. God has just come in and really given me this underlying peace, despite these decisions that need to be made. I know He's guiding me and showing me what He has for me. No doubt about it.

Revelations always happen in the shower or in the car. Am I right?! Yeah, I'm right. Today was no different. I was driving up to a friends' house this morning, thinking about the possibilities for the future, and I was whining to God a bit, and He kind of just spoke to me and said: "Hannah, you think that I am not answering you quickly, but if that is true, its because I want you to seek me out. Its so easy to go about life all giddy and happy when things make sense, and not rely on me fully. But when things are uncertain and tough, then you really have to rely fully on me. I am drawing you to myself through this. Trust me. You are growing, and learning about me because you have to wait."

Wow. Is that ever true! It reminds me of a podcast I was listening to last night. It is by Andy Stanley, who pastors Northpoint Community Church in Louisiana, or Georgia, or somewhere in that vicinity (I am a geography genius, clearly). He was talking about how when others are going through a hard time, we pray for them, when we're going through hard times, we doubt. Then he said this: "Why is it when its our lives, our faith suffers?" Wow. That is a bold statement to make. But so often we go around with the mentality that because God is silent, He must be absent. It is baffling, really. The reality of who God is does not change based off of our circumstances.

So, needless to say, I am learning a lot right now. And I am loving it. God is really showing me so many truths about Himself. He is so faithful.

Here is a link the podcast. Give it a listen:

http://www.northpoint.org/messages/when-god

No comments: