Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sometimes I sit here, just reminiscing and thinking about my life and I begin to wonder: "Who gets to do this?? Who gets to travel the world, and learn about God and make awesome friends, and spend time every week with kids that I adore, and live in a beautiful house and have a family who I love dearly and who loves me back and who gets to drive and read and scrapbook and laugh and watch movies and share my life and live a life that is this blessed??"

I am blown away. Every second of my life God has been right by my side. Not once have I ever walked alone. Not once has He ever abandoned me or told me that I needed to get my act together before He could be with me. Nope. Not once. His patience and love is beyond bounds. He is faithful and righteous. He has provided every step of the way. Not one day of my life have I been hungry, or not had clothes to wear (unless I didn't do laundry when I should have... but that is my fault, ha!) Never have I not had transportation to get where I needed to go. Never have I not had someone to talk to when I was struggling.

Really... who gets to live this awesome life?? At 21 years of age, I can say, I am truly blessed. I have done nothing to deserve the Lord's favor on my life, but He blesses me nonetheless. Why? Sometimes I wonder that. Why does He bless me?? I am so often selfish and proud, and yet I am reminded that He doesn't bless me for how 'good' I am, He blesses me because I am His. I can't think of a more comforting promise. I am His. And I will rest in the fact that He is GOOD and He knows all.

Your love, O, Lord, reaches to the
heavens,
your faithfulness is like the mighty
mountains, 
your justice is like the great deep.
O, Lord, you preserve both man and
beast.

Psalm 36:5-6

No comments: