Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Home

They say 'Home is where the heart is.' I would have to agree with that statement, but its one that we say so glibly and move on, without really thinking about all that really means. I know for me, the definition of the word 'home' has changed drastically over the past year. Traveling will do that to you.

 I realized part way through my time in Montana that 'home' for me, is anywhere that I am, where God is with me and I am surrounded by friends and family. In that case, Montana is my home. Malaysia is my home. Belize is my home. Oregon is my home.

Home is not one, specific, individual place. Home is where I can be me, and be loved for all that I am and all that I am not. Home is where I have people that I love and adore, and that feel the same toward me. Home is where I can rest assured that friends are never far away, and laughter is present. Home is a safe place to rest my head. Home is wherever I go that God is with me. I love that 'home' is NOT just one place. I love that 'home' is the world. I am home.


No comments: