Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Letting Go

So, I changed the name of my blog. The idea came as I was lying in bed last night, trying and failing miserably at going to sleep. I am always the most creative while lying in bed-- its inevitable.

The title reflects what God is currently teaching me, and it signifies much of what this year meant for me. I am realizing the importance of letting go.

Letting go of my expectations of how God should work so that I can be excited about what He is doing.

Letting go of my selfishness to better love and serve others.

Letting go of the picture in my head of what my life and everyone else's lives should look like so I can submit to His plan and purpose (which is always better than mine!)

Letting go of what is behind, and straining forward to what is ahead, I press on to the goal... for which God has called me (Philippians 3:13-14).

Letting go of self to experience Him more fully. 

My prayer for 2014 is that God's people would learn to let go of control, worries, fears and walk in newness of life (Romans 6:4) and experience His freedom.  It is, after all, for freedom He's set us free (Galatians 5:1).


 So walk, in newness of life.


No comments: