Saturday, March 13, 2010

I seem to think at about a million thoughts a second. It gets tiring sometimes! I can't imagine what it must be like to be able to literally think nothing at any one moment. I hear it's possible, though I have never experienced it.

Today I laughed a ton with friends of all ages. It feels so great to get away from the busyness of life, and to forget about all of the responsibilities waiting when you get home, and to just have a great time with people that you love and that love you. It doesn't happen often enough. But I am so grateful for the chance to hang out with some incredible people today. I am truly blessed. I have been trying to laugh more, trying to love more and trying to become more laid back. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in time that I forget to live and enjoy the moment. Not everything is about time. Sometimes it's okay not to look at the clock. I'm trying to be alright with more spontaneity and trying to enjoy the little things in life. It is a good feeling to focus on the positives instead of the negatives. It's a choice, it really is. Along with that, I've been remembering that life is a gift, and in words that are much better than my own, this is it:

'I dare you to move
I dare you to move,
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened,
like today never happened before...'

So true, isn't it?! Live, love laugh. What a great motto.
A few other things that stick out to me (I am a very random thinker, bare with me!) are found in some great books. I love books, I can't get enough.
Trying to focus on living fully, going out of my comfort zone, and being alright with doing new things. It's scary, and sometimes things aren't going to work out the way we hoped. We are not called to live in fear, though. We are called to reach out, and get out of our comfort zones. Its easy to be scared, and I am, often. It's hard, and scary, but we are never alone. What a great realization!

"We fear saying the wrong thing or using the wrong tone or acting the wrong way. So rather than do it incorrectly, we do nothing at all. Aren't we glad Jesus didn't make the same mistake? If your fear of doing the wrong thing prevents you from doing anything, keep in mind the perspective of the lepers of the world. The aren't picky. They aren't finicky. They are yearning for a godly touch. Jesus touched the untouchables of the world. Will you do the same?'
- Just Like Jesus, By Max Lucado

Too many times, fear has ruled, and I have suck back when I should have stepped out in confidence, trusting. I don't want fear to get the better of me. I think God wants me to ponder this for a while.

No comments: