Monday, March 8, 2010

Life remains busy. It seems as though there is always something to get done. Yet I don't feel overwhelmed. Maybe i am in denial But I like to think that it is God giving me peace. :) What a great feeling it is! I mean really, I know if I really think about it there is nearly always something to be done. Laundry. Shopping. Bank. cleaning. Working. These are just a few of the things we do each day. Sadly oftentimes God gets sort of pushed to the 'back burner.' Because somehow it doesn't seem as essential to spend time with him on a regular basis. But that is faulty logic. It is important. And essential.

Of course... if I were a cat, my life would not be so busy. Ok I know, cheesy transition, but hey, it's not school, so I can do it! My cant is so lazy. She seriously sleeps for like 14.894 hours of the day. It was gorgeous outside, and she was lying on my bed when I left, and three hours later, still lying there! Oh how worry free it would be. I cannot imagine. Ha ha. She has such a good life. Spoiled little thing. She doesn't even know. But hey, it made me think the other day. I love my cat. I love her not because she has ever done any favors for me, or has somehow 'earned' my love, but I love her because she is my cat. Isn't that how it is with God's love toward us? He loves me because I am his, because he made me. It still mystifies me sometimes. I can't do anything to earn his love, I can't give him something he doesn't already have. But he loves me still. I am so grateful to know that. What an astounding and amazing thing! So I will continue to revel in God's goodness. And leave you with this:

“Yet I’ve learned that time alone with God is the most valuable available. Most important, I’ve learned that even Christians can fall into a life of excuses and complacency. The word of God calls us to action. Don’t be content to sit on the sidelines and watch. It’s the equivalent of disobedience. Don’t wait until tomorrow. Get up and in the game today.”
-Crystal Lewis

No comments: