Wednesday, July 28, 2010

my job...

My blog looks a tad bit boring in my opinion. I don't like boring things. But alas, I must settle because it is not a big enough deal to fret myself over. 

This week has been incredibly busy so far, filled with family, friends, camping and lots of sunshine! It has truly been a great blessing! I have so many things I want to share... what a fantastic week its been! Its so funny too, because I feel like nearly every second of everyday this week has been filled. And I feel exhausted, but in a good way... 

Every time I look at my life I realize more and more just how blessed I am. I could write a book about it, but it would probably bore everyone. I just know that these blessings don't come by chance, they are indeed a gift.

In the busyness of life I stopped today to think of what is my job, my role on a day to day basis, and what are my goals? Well... my job is to be a loving example of our incredible Father. 

To speak kindness when I want to speak harsh words,
To see beauty where it might be hard to,
To love just a little more,
To be patient when its hardest,
and to forgive others when they hurt me, because I have been forgiven.

Those are hard things to live by, and not something that can be perfected on this side of heaven, but it seems like if we only remembered how important other people are, and how fleeting this life is, then we might live with more purpose. That is my prayer, that each of us live with a great purpose each day. Because we were bought and paid for at such a high price, how can we live any other way??

On that note, I'll leave you with a few shots from my great week so far!
Live, love, laugh.

No comments: