Saturday, December 22, 2012

His Birthday

I've been back 'home' for a week now, for Christmas break, and I have to say that this week has been different than expected, but I am learning what it means to live in simplicity with sweet Jesus.

 I always tend to complicate the simple. The concept of following Jesus is simple, but it isn't easy. God has been showing me the simplicity as I've been here at home. He's given me a rest and a peace as I've walked through some tough things with people I love. Normally my heart would be in knots and my head would be spinning in a time like this, but all I feel now is complete peace and rest in the arms of a loving Savior. And all I can say is 'thank you.'

He's showing me that life with him is a daily thing. It really isn't about how long I spend in silence or reading my Bible everyday-- its about surrendering everyday to His will and His plans for my life. Its about saying 'yes' to living for him and saying 'no' to the things of the world. I am so grateful that God doesn't measure success in the way that humans so often do. He looks at the heart-- for Him its always been about the condition of the heart.

He's showing me that he alone is source of peace and joy. Even in rough times, even in times of uncertainty, He is the source of strength that keeps me going. I could not continue on by myself, but each day as I wake up, he grants daily bread and bestows some of His strength upon me, to get through the day-- whatever may come.

He's showing me that it isn't about straining to be good enough, because, I simply can't be 'good enough.' I fail everyday. But through Christ's sacrifice, I am made clean and whole in Him. That is the most beautiful promise. He was and is good enough, and that was more than enough to cover all of our sins. I realize more and more how sin-cursed this world is, and how in need of a Savior we all are. And in that, I am grateful for the One that came to be that sacrifice for our sins.

And on that note-- Merry Christmas, and Happy birthday, Jesus! Thank you...

No comments: