Sunday, December 2, 2012

Just Breathe

I am always amazed at the faithfulness of God. I really don't know why I am always amazed, every time he is faithful, because that is part of His character that never changes. I think it takes me a while to learn these things sometimes. He just faithfully does his thing and patiently teaches me his truth.

I am experiencing God in a different way than I ever have. He is teaching me things that I've never thought much about. He's showing me that He really is all I need. That He is provider, healer and comforter.

I wrote this down the other day, while listening to a song by Jeremy Camp; the lyrics say-- "..Take the world and give me Jesus...":

That means he clears out everything that isn't of him and he takes out the things that we grasp onto that are idols. He cleanses us of all that is "us" and replaces it with him. Are you willing to let him do that? Are you willing to allow his to have everything, trusting that He knows better and that He will do as He sees fit? He is trustworthy and faithful. All that He has to offer is BETTER than anything the world has to offer. It always will be. 
FAITHFUL.

I can hardly believe that school is almost a third of the way over-- I feel as though all that He's taught and shown and been faithful to reveal is just mind blowing. Its a little bit overwhelming, and I'm actually not really sure how to put it into words. But I can say, with more assurance than ever before-- HE IS FAITHFUL! He really is. And something that He's reminded me of in that is an eternal perspective makes a huge difference. When we remember where we will be in eternity, the hardships of this life don't seem as daunting. Heaven is going to be awesome!

Life isn't always easy, and I am aware that its challenging, and hard and really sad sometimes. And this journey hasn't been an easy one. There have been a lot of challenges that have met me on my way, but in that I know that I don't walk alone. He promised to be with His children, and that is such a comfort to me (Joshua 1:5). 

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23